The Call Center Manager is responsible for the performance of a team of call center representatives including all aspects of the representative’s productivity, call quality and adherence to RESA policies. The Manager will participate in the interviewing, hiring and training of new representatives. The Manager’s primary focus will be on improving the performance of representatives on his or her team through monitoring and reporting to identify areas of opportunity, coaching and training to improve customer service, sales skills and product knowledge. Following the leadership of the Director of Operations, the Manager will focus on fostering and maintaining a customer-centric culture at RESA and will work on building a sense of pride and strong morale within his or her team.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Hiring, training, and preparing call center representatives to respond to customer questions and complaints and troubleshoot problems with services or products.
- Ensuring agents understand and comply with all call center objectives, performance standards, and policies.
- Manage by walking around, be visible.
- Answering agent questions regarding best practices or difficult calls.
- Identifying operational issues and suggesting possible improvements.
- Monitoring and evaluating agent performance, providing learning or coaching opportunities, and taking corrective action, if necessary.
- Preparing reports and analyzing data to assist management as they determine call center goals.
- Working with other supervisors and management team members to support agents and maximize customer satisfaction.
Call Center Supervisor Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, but more education, especially in management, is preferred.
- Call center, customer service, or supervisory experience may be required.
- Proficiency with technology, especially computers, software applications, and phone systems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of company products, policies, and services.
- Ability to coach, train, and motivate employees and evaluate their performance.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Analytical, efficient, and thorough.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate tense situations, especially during busy hours.
- The Manager may also need to act as a conduit between the call center and the other operational departments of RESA, dealing with interdepartmental concerns as they arise. Progression to the next level of manager is based on mastery of skills and knowledge of the job and consistently adhering and/or exceeding call center metrics.
- The Lead will also complete other ad hoc assignments assigned by the Director of Operations.
Specific Job Tasks:
- Monitor calls for each representative on a weekly basis and provide real-time and summary feedback to representatives, identifying areas of strength and opportunity to improve performance
- Maintain and enforce attendance calendar for the call center to ensure complete staffing at all times during business hours; maintain and enforce after hours support “on call” schedule
- Meet regularly with each representative in a structured setting to provide specific feedback on the agent’s recent performance and to articulate a development plan with the agent to continue to refine and improve performance.
- Handle incoming calls as needed during peak hours to minimize abandonment.
- Develop deep understand of RESA’s processes and systems, including key elements of RESA’s product offering.
- Serve as the first point of escalation for client complaints that representatives on his or her team are unable to resolve.
- Identify departmental capacity constraints, conduct interviews, select and train new employees.
- Support the training of new employees.
- Completing and delivering performance evaluations in a timely fashion
- Motivating employees to achieve their goals
Other Job Responsibilities for Performance Management:
- Compliance to standards of work set by company policy
- Supporting and implementing company policies and procedures
- Promoting the company vision and building employee morale in the office
- Motivating employees to achieve their goals
- Provide training to new employees
Core Competencies for Performance Management:
- Clear written and spoken communication skills internally with fellow RESA management and staff
- Clear written and spoken communication skills externally with clients
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and problem resolution skills
- Ability to accept supervision and follow directions
- Ability to be a member and leader of the team
- Flexibility and tolerance for stress of the job
- Overall attitude conducive to productive environment
- Computer literate with excellent writing and email skills.
- Demonstrated abilities of core competencies as described above
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress: Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience: 5-7 years of experience is required in a Customer Service or Sales Call Center; a minimum 3 years’ prior supervisory experience required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Location: San Jose, CA
Industries: Light Manufacturing / Distribution / Warehouse and Logistics
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.