The Circuit Breaker Mechanic will repair, rebuild, and trouble shoot Molded Case and Insulated Case circuit breakers. Following all safety rules and best practices the candidate will report to the Production Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Troubleshoot and mechanically test low voltage circuit breakers; may consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams in order to complete
- Prepare reports, maintain quality records, calibration records, and charts, as
- Visually check components and assemblies for electrical and mechanical defects. Devise remedies to correct defects to ensure equipment is in good working
- Retrofit circuit breakers with aftermarket trip devices
- Work closely with the Testing Technicians to help diagnose out of spec test
- Maintain a neat and orderly work
- Observe all safety rules and Best
- Follow all company policies and
- Demonstrate a continual effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with other departments to provide a quality and seamless
- Assist customers and sales team in field related
- Other duties
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to read and understand shop manuals, schematics, parts lists, and additional technical materials for troubleshooting mechanical
- Stand, walk, stoop, and squat in daily activities
- AKnowledge of mechanical and electrical operation of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Circuit breakers, all manufacturers;
- Experience with the following test procedures: Insulation Resistance Test, Primary and Secondary Injection, Contact/pole resistance, Mechanical Operation of breakers, and related equipment.
- Experience with testing current transformers, potential transformers
- Knowledge of NETA, PEARL, and ANSI Standards for testing Electrical Power Equipment such as Circuit Breakers, Switches, Bus Plugs,
- Strong Mechanical ability, good organizational skills, good work habits with a proactive work ethic in a team environment
- Familiarity with control
- Knowledge of electrical safety procedures for working in medium and low voltage switchgear.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in a repair/recondition of industrial or capital electrical equipment segment
Education: High school Diploma
Functions: Testing and field services
Location: San Jose, CA
Industries: Light Manufacturing / repair/ overhaul/ Field Services and electrical installations Physical Demands: Ability to routinely lift 25 – 50 lbs., occasionally lift 51 – 80 lbs., and occasionally push up to 200 lbs. with the aid of material handling equipment
Sponsorship: Not available for this position.