WHY HAVE A JOB, WHEN YOU COULD HAVE A CAREER?
Come join one of the fastest growing companies in the industry! RESA is looking for new talent and expanding our team. We offer excellent training development opportunities and benefits. Working with RESA means joining some of the most talented and highly trained technicians in North America.
Who we are
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
What we are looking for
We have an opening for a circuit breaker technician. This job entails the full disassembly, cleaning, refurbishing of parts, painting, plating and reassembly of our customers circuit breakers. This can be a very complex task at times. Imagine building a very large Lego set, except the only instructions are the ones you made when you were taking it apart. The majority of this job will take place in a shop setting. Our normal hours are 7am to 3:30pm. However, We do perform some service work in the field and you will be required to go out on jobs occasionally. Normally this won’t be more than a few days a month.
- Work on low & medium voltage circuit breakers, including Square D, Eaton/Cutler-Hammer, GE, Westinghouse, ABB, ITE, etc.
- Complex tear down and reassembly process, which requires detailed notes, pictures and organization skills to complete successfully.
- Troubleshoot, rebuild, retrofit, test, and repair various types of circuit breakers, contactors, and other electrical distribution equipment in shop type environment.
- Retrofit circuit breakers with aftermarket trip devices.
- Provide safe and clean working environment.
- Interpret electrical schematics & wiring diagrams.
- Maintains daily, weekly and/or monthly reports and inspections as required
- Learns, understands, and complies with safety, and other emergency practices
- Learns, understands, and complies with all Company and customer policies
- Works overtime as needed
- If desired/needed assists in emergencies as needed including emergency calls at non-scheduled hours
- Responds in a professional, polite, and helpful manner when dealing with other staff and customers
- A sound understanding of electricity and electronics including AC and DC circuits
- A working knowledge of OSHA safety rules, laws and regulations concerning electrical and technical functions of various components and tooling procedures and capabilities
- Demonstrate a continual effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with other departments to provide a quality and seamless operation.
- Assist customers and sales team in field related services.
- Other duties assigned.
Education and Experience
- Ability to read and understand shop manuals, schematics, parts lists, and additional technical materials for troubleshooting mechanical equipment.
- High School graduate.
- Additional applicable technical training (job training, military training, tech school, ect.)
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic electrical theory, safety, and applications.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge with the use of various hand tools and mechanical adaptability.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills using MS Outlook, Word & Excel
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.