The Controls Engineer position is responsible for electrical engineering tasks associated with industrial construction projects. Qualified candidates will be technical subject matter experts that possess process control and instrumentation experience related to industrial processes. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual that is well organized, detail-oriented, dedicated to customer satisfaction and top level performance. Problem-solving and troubleshooting expertise are also strongly desirable. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential qualifications.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work with Process Engineer to develop and design new control systems
- Oversee and/or supervise the installation, integration and commissioning of new or upgraded Control Systems
- Ensure all work meets applicable standards and is performed in compliance with all safety standards
- Maintain, modify and/or upgrade existing Control Systems in association with customer requirements
- Utilize Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s) to identify/select control components including: flow control, level control, pressure control, density transmitters and control valves
- Analyze equipment specifications and related performance requirements as needed
- Provide technical information and project management support to field level Instrumentation & Control Technicians as required
- Prepare system layouts, detailed drawings and schematics as projects dictate
- Analyze system data and corresponding reports to validate that the design meets functional and performance based objectives and specifications
- Leverage experience and technical knowledge to assess, evaluate and understand new and emerging technologies and provide expert counsel and recommendations to customers regarding prospective application benefits
- Knowledge of Control System wiring design and industrial instrumentation
- Knowledge of PLC and HMI programming. Expertise with Rockwell Automation and Siemens equipment and programming platforms is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of DCS system design and functionality such as: Yokogawa, ABB, Foxboro, Emerson and Honeywell will be viewed as a plus
- Knowledge and experience designing and commissioning communication systems including Foundation Fieldbus, DeviceNet, ProfiBus, PA/DP, Ethernet IP and ControlNet is strongly desired
- Proficiency with SCADA software packages such as Wonderware, Rockwell Automation Factory Talk, iFix/Intellution, Siemens WinCC, Iconics or similar custom applications. Familiarity with C++, VB6, VB.Net, SQL, Oracle and Web Technologies would also be viewed as a positive experience related asset
- Must be well versed with all Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Project and Visio would also be beneficial
- Comprehensive understanding of health and safety standards, protocols and regulations and a proven track record of unwavering safety compliance
- Comprehensive understanding of the National Electric Code is also desirable
- Prior experience in a Food & Beverage processing, Chemical processing, Water/Wastewater and Industrial automation environment(s) is strongly preferred
- Must be able and willing to travel as project requirements dictate
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress : Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
Additional Information/Preferred Qualifications:
Experience/Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of qualified experience is preferred OR Bachelor of Science Degree Computer Engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience will also be strongly considered. Candidates (non- degreed) that possess 4 – 8 years of qualified training and industry experience will also be considered.
Location: Cicero, NY
Travel: Must be able and willing to travel as project requirements dictate
Physical Demands: Lifting a minimum of 50lbs on a daily basis, crawling, climbing, standing for long periods of time and working in non-ideal conditions.
Industries: HV/MV/LV Electrical equipment, engineering and field services
Relocation: No relocation provided
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.