Reporting to the President of RESA Components, the Director of Sales – Components is responsible for managing all aspects of the RESA Components sales department. Major duties include: leading the team to accomplish sales targets, training & coaching team members, monitoring & motivating team members based on sales metrics, providing management communication and leadership to the team, and managing the quality of RESA’s customer experience.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Build an engaged sales team that exceeds targets and is positioned for growth
- Ensure proper loading of requests across reps and manage scheduling
- Monitor employee throughput and motivate team members to reach daily productivity targets
- Coordinate department activities and projects to meet strategic targets
- Evaluate and improve both sales & sales administration processes
- Supervise team and provide general sales leadership to promote team member engagement
- Provide coaching for existing team members and training for entry level sales team
- Deal directly with high value customers to help resolve critical issues (when required)
- Develop and implement initiatives to support the organization sales goals.
- Work with Human Resources and the President/GM to determine and maintain appropriate staffing levels.
- Conduct employee interviews, support sales team onboarding and disciplinary processes
- Manage performance and salary reviews, and develop employee growth plans
- Resolve interpersonal issues within the department, and between sales and related departments.
- Schedule, plan and lead weekly department meetings, and plan engagement workshops and functions.
- Participate on the local Leadership Team, reporting to senior management on sales metrics, opportunities and threats
- Suggest improvements that can increase close rate and RESA’s value to customers
- Ensure accurate and complete information is captured in our CRM, perform data quality audits
- University degree or college diploma in business or related field
- 5+ years or more experience in B2B sales management role with proven success hitting targets, managing a team of 10+ sales professionals
- Experience managing both inside and outside sales teams
- Technical sales industry experience is a plus (technical training and support of our specific products already exists for the sales team – not a responsibility of this role).
- Familiarity with sales processes, inbound and outbound call based-selling, call etiquette management, and ticketing systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience reporting to a senior management team
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills, leading by example (on the floor during peak business hours)
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Highly proficient computer skills including CRM experience, Outlook, Word, and Excel
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress : Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
Additional Information/Preferred Qualifications:
Experience: 5+ years or more experience in B2B sales management role with proven success hitting targets, managing a team of 10+ sales professionals
Education: University degree or college diploma in business or related field
Location: San Jose, CA
Travel: 10% Limited though may change based on growth
Physical Demands: This position is regularly required to sit, stand and move about the facility
Industries: Industrial, HV/MV Electrical Equipment, Electrical Distribution
Relocation: No relocation provided
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.