Multiple positions open, high school graduates through experienced professionals encouraged to apply. Depending on experience and home location, this position will work with circuit breakers and electrical equipment remanufacturing in the RESA Stow main facility and/or will work electrical distribution service and testing at customer sites. Newly hired personnel are developed via hands-on experience and in shop demonstrations with the expectation the new hire will progress from level 1 (3 month milestone), through level 2 (9 month milestone) and level 3 (15 month milestone) rebuilding circuit breakers in the remanufacturing shop and will progress through level 2 NETA certification (15 month milestone) in field service work. New hire personnel will work under the guidance of a shop supervisor or lead field service tech depending upon experience in the industry. By 15 months, it is expected all newly hired personnel will begin leading field assignments and progress into a “professional leader” with the field service or manufacturing team.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Disassemble, clean, plate, paint, and reassemble electrical equipment.
- Read electrical schematics and wire electrical equipment.
- Visually, mechanically, and electrically service, test and troubleshoot electrical distribution or power generation equipment
- Think and Act like a “Professional Leader”
Maintain a neat and orderly work area
• Observe all safety rules and Best Practices
• Follow all company policies and procedures
• Demonstrate a continual effort to improve
- Own every task
- Champion for the customer
- Attention to detail
- Overnight travel up to 1 week, weekend work, and holiday work is required 50% of the time
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to internal and external customers
- Other duties assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of basic electrical training from a trade school, military, union or other
- Proven ability to read electrical prints
- Proven ability to do ohm’s law and power calculations
- Proven interpersonal and social skills; previous work experience, references
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical, and drug screen.
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders
- Ability or plan to learn to use Microsoft office suite and Windows OS, use FaceTime or Skype with engineers from a job site
- Lives near one of the following – Bowling Green OH, Stow OH, South Canton OH, or Cambridge Ohio.
- Huge points if you have experience certifying hospital isolation panels, protection relays, or previous NETA certification
- Military experience in technical field: Nuke, Prime Power, aircraft electrician, vehicle or system maintenance
- At least 2 years of academic certification from an accredited institution and a demonstrated electro-mechanical hands-on ability and technical know-how for troubleshooting and testing of electrical devices.
- Knowledge of operation, service, and testing on of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Circuit breakers, transformers, switches, substations, motor control centers, switchgear all manufacturers
- Protection relay, power factor testing, PLC, HMI, variable speed drive, building or manufacturing automation, building and network communications for distribution equipment experience all manufacturers
- Knowledge of NETA, UL, IEEE, NEC, and ANSI. Any standards for testing or manufacturing electrical power equipment.
- Familiarity with control circuitry, renewable or fossil fuel generation, steel mill or manufacturing maintenance experience,
RESA Power is the market leader in life extension solutions for power transmission and distribution equipment. RESA is comprised of business units specializing in the operations, engineering and safety applications for the power transmission, distribution and circuit protection markets. With immediate access to new or obsolete and hard-to-find or refurbished inventory, fast turnaround, emergency response, engineering services and NETA certified testing and maintenance; RESA supports customers in industrial markets, municipalities, higher education, data centers, utilities and contractors across the country. With locations throughout the United States, RESA Power is implementing an aggressive growth strategy by expanding its geographic footprint, product and service offerings and overall organization.
Experience: Minimum 4 years
Education: ASEE degree preferred
Functions: Testing and field services
Location: Northern or Eastern Ohio, preferably Bowling Green or South Canton
Industries: Light Manufacturing / repair/ overhaul/ Field Services and electrical installations
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.