RESA Power is in search of an experienced Industrial Electrician. Our team is looking for someone trained and experienced in performing thermographic inspections of electrical apparatus. We would prefer this person have been through at least Level l training from one of the popular IR training facilities such as Snell, FLIR, FLUKE, Monroe or other courses. All other experience you would have regarding electrical work and/or switchgear maintenance would be a plus.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Field service testing and troubleshooting of breakers, secondary controls, and cubicles.
- Factory rebuild/retro-fitting/restoration of breakers and cubicles.
- Troubleshooting read and interpret electrical single line, three line and control drawings/circuits.
- Thermography and Ultrasound testing.
- Operate specialized equipment, including but not limited to: Megger, Contact resistance meters, circuit breaker timers, AC/DC Hi potential tester, High Current Test Unit, etc.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper personal protective equipment.
- Read electrical schematics and wire electrical equipment.
- Visually, mechanically, and electrically service, test and troubleshoot electrical distribution or power generation equipment
- Think and Act like a “Professional Leader”
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Observe all safety rules and Best Practices
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a continual effort to improve
- Own every task
- Champion for the customer
- Attention to detail
- Other duties assigned.
- Minimum of basic electrical training from a trade school, military, union or other
- Proven ability to read electrical prints
- Proven ability to do ohm’s law and power calculations
- Proven written communication skills; ex. sample of writing, on the spot written essay, published autobiography
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical, and drug screen.
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, work long days, carry stuff, kneel/sit/stand for long periods of time – up to 16 hours.
- Ability or plan to learn to use Microsoft office suite and Windows OS, use FaceTime or skype with engineers from a jobsite
- Huge points if you have experience certifying hospital isolation panels, protection relays, or previous NETA certification
- Military experience in technical field: Nuke, Prime Power, aircraft electrician, vehicle or system maintenance
- Prefer Electricians – Journeyman or Master have some experience with switchgear maintenance
- At least 2 years of academic certification from an accredited institution and a demonstrated electro-mechanical hands-on ability and technical know-how for troubleshooting and testing of electrical devices.
- Knowledge of operation, service and testing on of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Circuit breakers, transformers, switches, substations, motor control centers, switchgear all manufacturers
- Protection relay, power factor testing, PLC, HMI, variable speed drive, building or manufacturing automation, building and network communications for distribution equipment experience all manufacturers
- Knowledge of NETA,UL, IEEE, NEC, and ANSI. Any standards for testing or manufacturing electrical power equipment.
- Familiarity with control circuitry, renewable or fossil fuel generation, steel mill or manufacturing maintenance experience.
RESA Power is a trusted consultative service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems with a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade.
Service is our product.
- Teamwork- working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
- Reliability – Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
- Progress – Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
- Sustainability – Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
Experience: Minimum 2 years
Education: ASEE degree preferred
Functions: Testing and field services
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Industries: Light Manufacturing / repair/ overhaul/ Field Services and electrical installations
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.