Responsibilities & Duties:
- Grow customer base/achieve and meet or exceed assigned sales budget.
- Cultivate customer relationships with electrical contractors, distributors, end users and utilities.
- Develop and win quote opportunities on remanufactured and reconditioned power distribution and control products. (i.e. Switchgear, HV/LV Breakers)
- Provide consultation to customers regarding electrical solution needs.
- Leverage our business unit/vendor partnerships to ensure best value, pricing and support for customers.
- Work with internal departments to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Develop and implement trade area sales strategy in conjunction with Director of Sales and business unit leaders.
- Attend/support applicable customer events, trade shows.
- Set/implement personal annual goals and objectives, short – and long range.
- Create positive relations with vendors, internal business unit leaders and strategic business relationships
- Exceptional hunting and closing skills, be effective overcoming resistance
- Prior experience selling electrical distribution products to business owners in the electrical contractor, distribution, end users and utility markets.
- Excel at generating and closing new business and possess the entrepreneurial mindset for developing a trade area strategy.
- Takes responsibility for any lack of results, no excuses, positive attitude
- Knowledge of and access to existing business relationships of potential clients
- Develops bonding and rapport early in the process
- PC and Internet skills, including experience with Microsoft Office and sales force automation tools
- Highly motivated with strong written and verbal communications
- Four-year college degree or minimum 3-5 years of field experience
- Local target market customer relationships, contractors, distributors, users.
- Strong product knowledge of electrical distribution and control products
- Previous experience with electrical distributor or manufacturers
- Travel required within trade area assignment to effectively contact all assigned accounts
- Valid driver license
- Potential relocation expenses pending candidate skill set
- Covering territories in Northern CA area – SF Bay area / East Bay/ Sacramento
- Covering territories in and around LA/San Bernadino/Riverside/Orange/SantaAna
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Service is our product
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress: Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: 3-5 years’ field sales experience
- Education: 4-year college degree
- Functions: Sales
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Travel: Within assigned territory
- Relocation: Potential relocation expenses pending candidate skillset
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.