The Purchasing Manager will buy durable goods for resale to consumers at the wholesale or retail level. Analyze past buying trends, sales records, price, and quality of merchandise to determine value. Select, order, and authorize payment for merchandise according to contractual agreements. This position will report to the Product Line Manager in San Jose, CA.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create Purchase Orders (PO) issued to vendors: current status, lead time, and retrieve tracking information.
- Negotiate prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise.
- Manage the department for which they buy.
- Examine, select, order, and purchase at the most favorable price merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors.
- Monitor and analyze sales records, trends, or economic conditions to anticipate consumer buying patterns and determine what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed.
- Set or recommend mark-up rates, mark-down rates, and selling prices for merchandise.
- Authorize payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
- Interview and work closely with vendors to obtain and develop desired products.
- Monitor competitors’ sales activities by following their advertisements in newspapers or other media.
- Train or supervise purchasing staff.
- Consult with Product Line Manager or Sales Manager about budgets or goods to be purchased.
- ·Vendor Management
- Receive/Post/Invoice PO’s when tracking information is retrieved; then close the PO.
- Receive/Post inbound PO’s from San Jose/LA locations.
- Coordinate will calls/pick-ups with the vendor and internal employees.
- Issuing PO’s and packing slip to the vendors.
- Prioritize Buyouts for will call orders/deliveries and inform purchasing clerks or agents.
- Assist with sourcing orders with vendors to create an efficient work flow.
- Obtain information from individuals; communicate with supervisors and peers.
- Organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Maintain records, reports or files.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated External Focus – Customer service driven
- Proficient in making decisions and solving problems
- Communicate with Vendors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Well organized and attention to detail a must
Experience: 3-5 Years purchasing experience + supervisory experience
Education: Minimum associate’s degree business management
Location: San Jose, CA
Industries: Light Manufacturing / Distribution / Warehouse and Logistics
Relocation: No relocation provided
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.