HMT Inc., a RESA Power company is in search of an experience Relay Technician Substation.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Testing, Commissioning, and Maintenance of high and medium voltage electrical power system equipment
- Consult manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams in order to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues and ensure optimum equipment functionality
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace substation equipment and related components
- Develop test plans and written commissioning, testing, and maintenance procedures for protective relaying
- Track and detail all tests, repairs, and maintenance performed and provide documentable test results for test report compilation
- Troubleshoot, commission, test, install and calibrate protective relaying equipment including modifications and upgrades to existing systems
- Perform functional testing of substation control circuits on relay panels, transformers, and circuit breaker equipment replacements
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience testing high and medium voltage electrical power equipment.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience maintaining, testing, commissioning, repairing, and installing protection systems
- Ability to perform commissioning and functional tests on all types of protective relays including the calibration of electromechanical and micro-processor based relay systems
- Experience maintaining, testing, repairing and installing circuit breakers, transformers, switchgear, and other system components
- Capable of trouble shooting distribution and transmission control circuits
- Strong competency and knowledge of Doble ProTest and Doble Protection Suite. Familiarity and experience using RTS is also preferred
RESA Power is a trusted consultative service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems with a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade.
Service is our product.
- Teamwork- working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
- Reliability – Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
- Progress – Always building on yesterday to build a stronger today
- Sustainability – Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Complete a satisfactory background check
- Able to work overtime and travel out of town for periods of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record
- Highly motivated self-starter with desire to learn and provide direction to others
- Able to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, and able to lift or move up to 100 lbs of test equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven commitment to safety and customer service
- Experience in computer software including MS Office Suite
- NETA certification is highly desirable
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.