The Sr. Circuit Breaker Mechanic position is located at the Plant City, FL factory, and reports to the Plant Manager. This position has no direct reports but develops assigned shop personnel in the remanufacturing and testing of electrical power distribution equipment. The Sr. CB Mechanic is primarily responsible to manage circuit breaker remanufacturing, and PMH-9 switch remanufacturing with no guidance.
TheSr. Circuit Breaker Mechanic will plan completion dates for financial scheduling and prioritize based on workload as an effective teammate of the Plant manager, while often being pulled into other shop projects or assisting field project and emergency work as a subject matter expert. This versatile role can also assist the Plant Manager with shop floor leadership to solve daily issues that arise and advises on training, planning, sales quotation, cost control, time estimates, and quality production.
The role is responsible to improve the RESA Plant City Remanufacturing Guidebook to include full documentation of contracted remanufacturing product. One of the first role tasks will be to build breakers and switches but also to improve the MV circuit breaker and the PMH-9 documented remanufacturing procedures.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Regularly, remanufacture circuit breakers, PMH-9 switches, and assigned equipment.
- Occasionally lead or support remanufacturing of customer switchgear solutions.
- Improve the RESA Plant City Remanufacturing Guidebook to provide operations the resources to quote, remanufacture, quality inspect, and schedule work.
- Train and develop shop personnel at all parts of the electrical distribution remanufacturing when provided design engineering support if applicable
- After hours telephone support to RESA technicians as a specialist for field issues
- Provide shop leadership and represent shop leadership in the absence of the Plant Manager
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong leadership, coaching and supervisory skills in an electrical & mechanical equipment-manufacturing environment.
- Must be a hands-on leader, strong communicator, and capable of applying sound judgment to business situations.
- Good verbal and written communications skills with emphasis in technical writing.
- Understanding of LV/MV power distribution and circuit protection equipment – air and vacuum circuit breakers, switchgear and power distribution portable systems. Ability to troubleshoot equipment to the component level and troubleshoot equipment when installed in a system.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processing including:
- Sheet metal fabrication.
- Control programming
- LV/MV testing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
The Sr. Circuit Breaker Mechanic will have training level experience at all aspects of remanufacturing electrical equipment in a shop, hands-on experience and knowledge of field testing, and the technical writing skills needed to document processes.
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Service is our product
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress: Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
Experience: 10 years of supervisory experience in a switchgear or other similar electrical equipment manufacturing and service environment; Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Education: High school, tech school or military school graduate.
Functions: Operations/Production Management
Location: Plant City, FL
Industries: Light Manufacturing / Distribution / Warehouse and Logistics
Relocation: No relocation provided
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.