The Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping, receiving, maintaining inventory and associated records and supervising staff. The supervisory responsibilities include hiring, training, planning and assigning daily work; conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems. This position will report to the General Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Maintains shipping staff by recruiting/training employees, as well as, monitoring staff performance and progress
- Implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments. Ensure metrics are adhered to, tracked and reported to include but not limited to timely and accurate transactions: receipt, customer on-time shipments, shipment accuracy
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Respond to customers’ or shippers’ questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of warehousing space by planning and implementation of new design layouts.
Ensure compliance with federal/state and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements.
- Ensure effective employee relations by providing leadership for safety, quality, costs, productivity and morale to achieve positive results. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Make employment decisions with regard to hiring and disciplinary action.
- Ensures orders are processed in the proper sequence (based on due dates and method of shipment/pick-up etc.) to meet customer requirements
- Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators, or insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, Subordinates and Managers to achieve short and long-term goals
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
- oversee execution of organizational or program policies
- confer with other departmental heads to coordinate activities
- direct and coordinate activities of workers or staff
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates
- assign work to staff or employees
- evaluate performance of employees or contract personnel
- orient new employees
- coach, mentor and motivate staff through operational changes
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency with inventory management software / ERP
- Advanced knowledge of inventory control and warehousing procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated External Focus – Customer service driven
- Proficient in making decisions and solving problems
- Decision Making and Problem Solving skills
- Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Strong leadership skills including the capability to drive improvement and challenge the status quo
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience: 6-10 Years of experience in industrial warehouse management
Education: BA/BS degree preferred
Functions: Warehouse Management
Location: San Jose, CA
Industries: Light Manufacturing / Distribution / Warehouse and Logistics
Relocation: No relocation provided
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.