The Demolition Job Site Lead is responsible for the removal and recovery of electrical equipment from off-site locations purchased by RESA Power. This position is under the general guidance of the Director of Warehouse Logistics, San Jose, CA.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Attend job walk-throughs, reviewing plans, and specifications with the Chief Estimator.
- Coordinate labor, equipment, tools, supplies, etc. as needed for each job.
- Responsible for the crew and making sure they are at job sites on time, and ensure all safety and compliance issues are met.
- Load and unload equipment to ensure safe handling.
- Identify all useful materials to maximize scrap revenue and ensure the appropriate components are kept for resale.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Load, unload, or identify materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications
- Position or dismantle equipment, using saws, hammers, and other tools.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Self-reliant to recognize and address or report safety issues and potential hazards.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Familiarity with conducting informative, site-specific safety meetings.
- Complete, pass, and keep required safety training current. To include, but not limited to, OSHA, hazmat, and job site specific training.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proven team member with high integrity
- 2-years experience with interior and site work demolition is preferred
- Strong leadership skills and attention to detail a must
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to work all hours, including nights & weekends
- May require occasional travel outside the state
- Must be dependable, able, and willing to work
- Ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience moving and unloading equipment using material handling equipment such as fork lifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, lift carts, etc.
- Experience with use of hand and power tools
- Must have valid current Driver’s License
Experience: 2 years related demolition and safety experience
Physical Demands: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Functions: Production / Material Handling
Location: San Jose, CA
Relocation: No relocation provided
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.