The position of Senior Engineer will be expected to provide expertise in the principal areas of Power Systems Analysis, Protective Device Coordination, Protective Relaying, Power Systems Design, Field Engineering, Systems Commissioning, and Project Management. This position requires the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting all project deadlines and providing exemplary client service.
- Interact and communicate effectively with clients, peers, and management, for effective problem resolution and transfer of pertinent information.
- Accountable for maintaining and reporting status of all assigned projects from proposal development to project completion.
- Prioritize and formulate appropriate schedules to execute assigned projects within given time and budget constraints.
- Perform power systems analysis including; short circuit, protective device coordination, arc flash hazard risk analysis, and power quality monitoring and analysis.
- Provide design for industrial power distribution systems, including protective relaying.
- Develop protective relay settings and implement microprocessor based relay programming.
- Provide facility electrical system surveys, equipment documentation, and identify deficiencies.
- Technical assistance for field testing techs.
- Prepare project proposals/quotes for delivery to clients.
- P.Eng. required (or ability to write within 6 months)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience with power systems studies (arc flash, coordination, power quality, etc.), familiarity with E-Tap, EZ Power and SKM software, familiarity with NETA, IEEE, NFPA, NERC standards, commissioning and testing experience a plus.
- 5+ years of related electrical engineering experience including: performing short circuit analysis, protective device coordination studies, power quality analysis, and Arc Flash Hazard Risk Assessments.
- Thorough understanding of electrical power systems and a good aptitude for problem evaluation and developing solutions.
- Strong computer skills, including; editing, formatting, and using templates in Word, XCEL, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency using SKM engineering analysis software.
- Knowledge and experience with microprocessor based protective relaying.
- An understanding and the ability to apply industry codes and standards; IEEE, NETA, CSA, etc.
- Must be available for 20-25% out of town travel.
- Location: Syracuse, NY
RESA Power offers competitive wages and benefits including; Matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement and career advancement opportunities.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.