Under general guidance of the General Manager, the Receiving and Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for all of the receiving functions in the facility and organizing and maintaining inventory records, including quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, or supplies within the facility. He/she work to increase company profitability by achieving and maintaining a 99.95% inventory accuracy rate at the facility and by identifying and optimizing common inventory items among facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Lead the receiving team to ensure payment deadlines are met and POs are received correctly
- Conduct or supervise audit and cycle counts of facility inventory on a scheduled basis. Assists in conducting complete physical inventory count annually.
- Organizes and maintains warehouse for efficient material storage and handling; maintains labeling system on each stock item; manually stocks inventory shelving with stock items received or returned.
- Maintain documentation on all assets, including location, quantity, type & value
- Perform root cause investigations of inventory discrepancies and suggest corrective actions
- Develop and implement methods to maintain accurate inventory levels at the facility
- Ensure B.O.M.s are completed accurately and in a timely basis to ensure proper invoicing and delivery of engineered product.
- Take on the responsibility for training employees on the process of inventory management and cycle counting
- Maintain the returned goods area in an orderly fashion
- Monitor returned goods in the warehouse that have not yet been processed
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, Subordinates and Managers to achieve short and long-term goals
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others
- Oversee execution of organizational or program policies
- Confer with other departmental heads to coordinate activities
- Coordinate activities of workers or staff
- Guiding, Directing, and Motivating Subordinates
- Assign work to staff or employees
- Evaluate performance of employees or contract personnel
- Orient new employees
- Coach, mentor and motivate staff through operational changes
Desired Qualifications – Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of receiving and inventory experience
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Positive team attitude and professional demeanor at all times.
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Superior organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.)
- Demonstrated success managing inventory, including auditing, forecasting and planning
- Able to work independently with some direction
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, inventory/warehouse management and distribution software. Preferably Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Typical warehouse environment.
Temperatures fluctuate seasonally.
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has 18 locations throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems. With a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade!
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.