Under general supervision, perform a variety of cleaning, reconditioning and remanufacturing steps on circuit breakers for order fulfillment and specified customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Recondition and remanufacture Medium and Low Voltage circuit breakers per manufacturer’s specifications
· Physically inspect breakers for cracks in the frame, chipped corners or handles, burn or rust marks on the stabs, lugs or frame of the breaker
· Check the lugs for signs of heat, or water damage (rust)
· Clean breakers using RESA Power Solutions’ established best methods
· Check function of controls, lugs, and other electrical features and make adjustments as necessary
· Report any questionable conditions or cosmetic damage to the frame or accessories to your Foreman for further instructions
· Operate overhead crane as needed for material handling.
Qualifications – Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma
· Up to and including two years of experience as a Circuit Breaker Technician with an external certification from an accredited college to vocational training center. Over two years of experience will qualify in lieu of the certification
· Experience in a shop environment to include experience with refurbishment of electrical/mechanical components
· Quality assurance and/or inspection experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated External Focus – Customer service driven
· Ability to lift up to 70lbs
· No relocation provided
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
· Utilize hand and finger agility.
· Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
· Collect, interpret, and/or analyze data and information.
· Ability to read and understand breaker trip curves and wiring diagram symbols
· Megger/Hi-Pot, Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Test Procedures
· 5S Organization Familiarity
· Forklift Certification
· Typical warehouse environment. Temperatures fluctuate seasonally.
· Steel-Toed Shoes
· Safety Glasses, Gloves, Face Shields Provided by Resa
· Near-Miss Reporting Capability
· Strong Organization/Cleanliness Skills
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress : Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.