The Field Service Technician is expected to perform service, test and maintain various types of power distribution equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems.
- MCC’s, Breakers and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering
Test and calibrate electro-mechanical and solid state relay
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
- Perform inspection, maintenance, testing and repair of transformers and all related equipment – 45 KVA to 130 MVA, dry type and oil filled.
- Perform maintenance, testing, reconditioning and repair on circuit breakers – low voltage 480 volt (molded case and air-magnetic).
- Perform maintenance, testing, reconditioning and repair on circuit breakers – medium voltage up to 15 KV (air-magnetic and vacuum).
- Test and inspect low and medium voltage cable installations.
- Perform start-up, troubleshooting and repair services on generator controls and transfer schemes.
- All work and decisions shall be conducted in strict compliance with all regulatory laws.
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Knowledge of various industry standards such as: NETA, NEC, OSHA and NFPA.
- NETA III Certification Required
- Prefer experience with most of the following or similar: MCC’s, Breakers, relay testing, oil testing, infrared scanning, performing start-up on switchgear up through 500kV class, etc.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Good theoretical understanding of electricity and a good aptitude for problem-solving.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with customers and peers.
- Dependable and responsible with good judgment and organizational skills.
- Good customer service, time management and follow-up skills.
- Work effectively with customers, peers and management to resolve client issues.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office- use of the Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research.
- Work will require flexible hours, weekends and holidays. Must be available for out-of-town work.
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Service is our product
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress: Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
Experience: Graduate of Electrical Technical School or Military. Prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2-year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army, Air Force, or NAVY)
Location: Shelton, CT
Industries: HV/MV/LV Electrical equipment, engineering and field services
Physical Demands: Lifting a minimum of 50lbs on a daily basis, crawling, climbing, standing for long periods of time and working in non-ideal conditions.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.