Who we are!
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has 18 locations throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems. With a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade!
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry. ~ Service is our product
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leveraging solutions and resources to solve common engineering challenges. The successful candidate will be able to perform a vast array of electrical engineering work in reverse engineering, drawing creation, development of electric components, equipment, systems while interfacing cross lines of business. In addition to technical responsibilities, this position will manage Plant City’s engineering team and function.
• Responsible for hiring and training for direct reports. Conduct interviews, complete job reviews, and act as a mentor for direct reports. Set and review professional development goals for direct reports.
• Responsible to ensure that engineering projects have the proper resources; ensure projects are completed based on customer and project plan expectations.
• Cultivate and maintain customer relationships with internal customers, external customers, and vendors.
• Ensure perform design work for projects utilizing a professional knowledge of electrical engineering.
• Direct activities to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing designed around the functional specification’s customer requirements.
• Review contractual content to ensure technical and regulatory compliance.
• Provide leadership in preparation and ensure that projects are controlled with regards to scope, schedule, budget, performing appraisal, etc.
• Assist sales group in defining engineering parameters for quotes.
• Responsible for reviewing jobs to ensure the job meets or exceeds profitability goals.
• Utilize reliability modeling and analytical tools, failure tracking, root cause failure analysis, and life-cycle cost analysis to improve reliability of electrical equipment and systems.
• Work with General Manager to ensure continuous improvement initiatives are developed and implemented.
• Complete reports as assigned; participate in meetings as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Preferred BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years working in a power or controls related field. Understanding of basic electrical and control system principles and a familiarity with reading electrical schematics, three-line diagrams and control / communication diagrams and/or a combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated record of meeting substantial material cost reduction targets.
• Strong product knowledge of multiple brand electrical switchgear and devices- control products and electrical distribution.
• Knowledge of various industry standards such as: NETA, NEC, OSHA and NFPA.
• Proven leadership experience.
• Competent with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook); CAD experience.
• Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
• Excellent communication skills, organizational skills (coordinate multiple group efforts with the company to achieve results) and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to identify processes needing improvement and recommendations towards improvements.
• Safety – Put safety above everything else, stay safe in all we do.
• Integrity – Be Honest.
• Reliability– Be trustworthy and consistent for our internal team as well as our customers.
• Experience – Be the industry experts and continue to grow and develop our skills.
Location: Plant City, FL
Travel: up to 25%
Physical Demands: Office Duties; Lifting a minimum of 50lbs on a daily, crawling, climbing, standing for long periods of time and working in non-ideal conditions.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.