Field Services | Equipment Repair, Machine Maintenance & More
RESA Power has than 20 locations, providing a network of field sales engineers and field technicians throughout the U.S and Canada. Our trained staff are industry leaders and provide high quality maintenance and inspection of your equipment.
- Field Inspections: Our technicians will drive out to meet you in the field to perform inspections on your equipment on-site. As part of our service agreement and warranty, we aim to ensure optimum performance for the life of your transformer.
- Full Electrical Testing and Services: RESA Power Service technicians will follow NETA’s most recent ATS standards to validate that new or retrofitted electrical equipment is performing as designed and to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Testing and Predictive Maintenance: Because reliable performance is essential to your business, RESA will keep equipment running without interruption through our full electrical testing, repair, replacement, and maintenance services. We can help you implement scheduled preventative maintenance per our maintenance and testing guide and the NETA Maintenance Frequency Matrix.
- Infrared Scanning Services: This noninvasive substation inspection technique uses a thermal imaging camera to detect high levels of heat — one of your transformer’s top three enemies — emitted in the form of infrared radiation. The camera can also identify cold spots that should be hot, which could indicate a Early fault detection helps prevent permanent damage to your transformer, switchgear, and other substation equipment and the unplanned downtime that comes with it.
- Ultrasonic Air Leak Testing: Detects leaks with a fault detector which can be indicative of larger operational issues to come, including drops in efficiency, safety issues, and whole-system shutdowns.
- Ground Resistance Testing: This test will check how much the soil resists passing electrical currents. Testing like this is recommended every three years for a system in good condition with average up-time requirements by The International Electrical Testing Association.
- Insulation Testing of Motors: If a motor is not put into operation immediately upon arrival, it is important to protect it against external factors like moisture, high temperature, and This will avoid damage to the insulation. Before the motor is put into operation after a long period of storage, the winding insulation resistance must be measured.
- Feeder Cable Testing: The continuous rating of a fuse shall not exceed three times the ampacity of the conductors.
- Power Quality Monitoring: To monitor their power, modern power plants use digital fault recorders, smart relays, voltages recorders, in-plant power monitors, and special-purpose power quality A digital fault recorder activates on fault events. Then, it records the current waveforms and voltage that caused the problem. In short, power quality monitoring monitors the quality of voltage and current produced by a power plant.
- Arc Flash Assessments & Labeling: Arc flash risk assessments (and their corresponding labels) should be updated when a major modification or renovation takes It should be reviewed periodically at intervals not to exceed five years to account for changes in the electrical distribution system that could affect the results of the arc flash risk assessment. (link to the Arc Flash training page).
- Ground Fault Testing and Inspection: Equipment needs to be protected from ground faults — contact between an energized conductor and ground or equipment frame. RESA Power technicians conduct thorough examinations of insulation breakdowns resulting from damp, wet, or dusty environments. Grounding electrical systems provide protection against electrical faults to reduce shock hazards and lightning.
- Battery Bank Testing: The main objective of battery maintenance is to ensure the battery system can meet the emergency run time requirements. Preventative maintenance must be comprehensive, consistent, and in regular intervals. RESA Power will identify any performance-related programs using any of the following: visual inspections; voltage, resistance (impedance), current and temperature measurements, and capacity testing.
- SF6 gas testing and handling: Our gas analyzers can test the gas in your equipment for purity, moisture and by-products. RESA Power will also use our gas carts to remove SF6 from your equipment with zero emissions of the greenhouse gas, in order to replace gaskets or relocate circuit breakers. We are also here to assist with annual reporting of SF6 gas inventories.
Transformer Repair & Testing Services Provided
- Transformer Component Repair
- Energized Oil Processing
- New & Used Transformer Sales
- Power Factor Testing
- Turns Ratio Testing
- Insulation Resistance Testing
- Winding Resistance Measurement
- Preventative Maintenance
- Leak Repair and Dehydration/Degassing
- Tap Changer Maintenance