Who we are!
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has 18 locations throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems. With a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade!
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
The General Manager is responsible for the operational integrity of his/her assigned AOR and exceeding their assigned budget by generating profitable revenue growth through the development of new business, customer retention and product offering expansion to existing customer base.
This position is responsible for overall performance which includes sales, operations & P/L results. The primary focus of this position is to ensure that face-to-face, quality, customer sales calls activity is ongoing to build relationships with key stakeholders, and that activity is generating revenue opportunities across all product lines. Pre-sale duties include preparing action plans, customized presentations or proposals, and performing research and analysis to improve hit rate and coordination across the company to meet customer demand. Post-sale duties include ensuring field service personnel and equipment are scheduled effectively, operational and performing as planned and executing to assigned budget and that change orders are received as applicable. The GM also responds to internal and external customer concerns or problems, determines corrective actions, and ensures appropriate response and/or personnel meet commitments as assigned. This position is also responsible for financial and operational reporting.
• Responsible for direct over-sight of the day-to-day operations of assigned location. Provide solutions to local business topics (growth business, Customer concerns, employee question/concerns, facility issues, etc.)
• Responsible for hiring and training for direct reports. Conduct interviews, complete job reviews, and act as a mentor for direct reports. Set and review professional development goals for direct reports. Ensure staff is motivated and productive.
• In partnership with the Regional Director, responsible for setting business strategy for location growth and set goals
• Able to estimate and quote projects and jobs for customers that meet customer and company expectations.
• Cultivate and maintain customer relationships with internal customers, external customers, and vendors.
• Responsible for ensuring month end activities are complete; ensuring reports are submitted as per company schedule;
• Responsible for location budget and optimizing expenses; responsible for managing location P&L to company expectations.
• Provide leadership in preparation and ensure that projects are controlled with regards to scope, schedule, budget, performing appraisal, etc.
• Responsible for reviewing jobs to ensure the job meets or exceeds profitability goals.
• Work with Regional Director to ensure continuous improvement strategic business initiatives are developed and implemented.
• Participates in Management meetings regarding the business and facilitates meeting with employees to give direction, distribute company information, etc.
• Prepare variety of reports-management reports, weekly scheduling reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Preferred BS in related field; ten year experience in operations role in the Electrical Services Industry and/or a combination of education and experience. Experience in a Union environment a plus.
• Proven leadership experience; leading teams of 10 or employees
• Eagerness for financial and operational success and integrity
• Strong sales skills. Ability to navigate through complex sales and able to sell value over price
• Competent with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
• Excellent communication skills, organizational skills (coordinate multiple group efforts with the company to achieve results) and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to identify processes needing improvement and recommendations towards improvements.
• Safety – Put safety above everything else, stay safe in all we do.
• Integrity – Be Honest.
• Reliability– Be trustworthy and consistent for our internal team as well as our customers.
• Experience – Be the industry experts and continue to grow and develop our skills.
Location: Syracuse, New York
Travel: up to 20%
Physical Demands: Office Duties; Lifting a minimum of 50lbs on a daily, crawling, climbing, standing for long periods of time and working in non-ideal conditions.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.