Who we are!
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has 18 locations throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems. With a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade!
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
The Project Manager is responsible for being an organized, service-orientated individual to manage projects for a variety of Customers. Position is responsible for communicating with a variety of departments, vendors, employees, and customers to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget. Position also will suggest additional value-added services to customers that will enhance and/or ensure the safety and efficiency of the Customer’s operation.
• Total responsibility for awarded jobs includes but is not limited to:
•.Order material as needed;
• Perform project take-off and estimating
• Order subcontract services as needed. Use purchase order and subcontract agreement;
• Follow up on all deliveries of materials to ensure job stays on schedule.
• Schedule jobs with customer.
• Generate work orders for technicians.
• Prioritize and formulate an appropriate schedule to execute client work.
• Generate accurate detailed reports on a timely basis.
• Provide technical support to the field service personnel as it relates to testing and troubleshooting of electrical power distribution systems.
• Willing to work on or field supervise projects as needed.
• Communicate with clients, management and their team for effective problem resolution and transfer of pertinent information.
• Accountable for maintaining status of projects and providing the client with this information.
• Conduct client communication in a highly customer service oriented manner and potentially expand the scope of project work as well as negotiate any extra charges associated with work performed.
• Help manage the on-going schedule and travel planning to facilitate timely response to customers.
• Work may require flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town work.
• All work and decisions shall be conducted in strict compliance of all regulatory law.
• Observe all safety rules and Best Practices; Follow all company policies and procedures.
• Other duties assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Diploma from an accredited trade high school; Minimum 5 year experience in related mechanical and or electrical
Field. NETA certification is a plus along with experience as a project manager or field engineer..
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical operation of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Electrical Power Equipment , all manufacturers;
• Experience with the following test procedures: Insulation Resistance Test, Primary and Secondary Injection, Contact/pole resistance, Mechanical Operation of breakers, and related equipment.
• Experience with testing Current transformers, potential transformers.
• Knowledge of NETA, PEARL, and ANSI Standards for testing Electrical Power Equipment such as Circuit Breakers, Switches, transformers, relays, PT’s, CT’s, cables, etc.
Ability to read and understand complex one line, schematics, parts lists, and additional technical materials for troubleshooting electrical power equipment.
• Competent with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
• Proven organization and communication (verbal and written) skills.
• Safety – Put safety above everything else, stay safe in all we do.
• Integrity – Be Honest.
• Reliability– Be trustworthy and consistent for our internal team as well as our customers.
• Experience – Be the industry experts and continue to grow and develop our skills.
Location: New York
Industries: Industrial / Utilities
Physical Demands: Office Duties; Lifting a minimum of 50lbs on a daily, crawling, climbing, standing for long periods of time and working in non-ideal conditions.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.