Who We Are
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has 18 locations throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems. With a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade!
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
• Provide electrical technical guidance and expertise to management, other engineers, and electrical crafts at operations as requested.
• Act as liaison with the customer to eliminate communication deficiencies and ensure overall project quality compliance
• Evaluate electrical equipment malfunctions and provide recommend design modifications to mitigate such issues.
• Perform protective device coordination studies and power studies in SKM on equipment as per Customer request and need.
• Provides Technical direction to field and other designated employees.
• Develops Test Plans; Performs electrical tests and repairs concerned with maintenance and performance evaluation of
• Develop protective relay settings and implement microprocessor based relay programming.
- Perform installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of protective relaying equipment; Perform end-to-end relay testing.
- Perform function testing of substation control circuits on relay panel, transformers & circuit breaker change-outs.
- Opens and closes switches to isolate defective relay and makes adjustments or removes relay for repair.
- Tests circuit and equipment to evaluate such factors as insulation quality, which affect function of relays.
- Develops and interprets written standard commissioning, testing and maintenance procedures for protective relaying.
• Analyzes test results and interprets electrical diagrams to locate defective relay.
• Analyzes test data to determine performance characteristics of relays and effect of system modifications on relay performance.
• Inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, installs, adjusts and calibrates, as assigned, protective relays, station analyzing, indicating and recording instruments.
• Work will require flexible hours, weekends and holidays along with the availability to work out of town as needed.
• Complete work as per company policy and regulatory laws; Works with Lockout/Tagout process (LOTO), submits LOTO requests and accepts LOTO orders for work on instrumentation and control equipment and systems.
• Prepares reports for projects assigned.
• Participates in company meetings; provides and implements continuous improvement initiatives.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an EAC/ABET accredited college or university.
• PE or scheduled to sit for the professional engineering exam; NETA level II or III a plus.
• Experience working with Medium Voltage power distribution and Power Generation/plants.
• Related electrical engineering experience preferred including: performing short circuit analysis, protective device coordination studies, power quality analysis, and Arc Flash Hazard Risk Assessments.
• Strong knowledge and experience testing and maintaining electrical equipment in medium to high voltage substation;
Protective Relays and Controls experience required; SCADA/RTU experience a plus
• Experience using Doble ProTest software or Protection Suite.
• Minimum of 5+ years of professional electrical experience low, medium to high voltage substations testing electro-mechanical, solid state and microprocessor based relays
• Knowledge of various industry standards such as: NETA, NEC, OSHA and NFPA.
• Must be safety, customer, and team focused
• Good aptitude for problem solving; Good communication, project management, and time management skills
• Safety – Put safety above everything else, stay safe in all we do.
• Integrity – Be Honest.
• Reliability– Be trustworthy and consistent for our internal team as well as our customers.
• Experience – Be the industry experts and continue to grow and develop our skills.
Education: NETA Certification, Trade School/Apprenticeship; Minimum of 5 years professional electrical experience testing
and maintaining electrical equipment and/or a combination of experience and education.
Location: Blaine, MN
Industries: Industrial / Electrical/ Utilities
Physical Demands: Lifting a minimum of 50lbs daily, crawling, climbing, standing for long periods of time and working in non-ideal conditions.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.