Who we are!
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has 18 locations throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems. With a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade!
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Under the direction of Ops Manager, Relay Tech is responsible, to install, test and maintain relays for customers as directed.
• Performs electrical tests and repairs concerned with maintenance and performance evaluation of in-service relays.
• Perform installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of protective relaying equipment.
• Perform function testing of substation control circuits on relay panel, transformers & circuit breaker change-outs.
• Perform end-to-end relay testing.
• Develop written standard commissioning, testing and maintenance procedures for protective relaying.
• Experience using Doble ProTest software or Protection Suite.
• Experience developing Test Plans.
• Analyzes test results and interprets electrical diagrams to locate defective relay.
• Opens and closes switches to isolate defective relay and makes adjustments or removes relay for repair.
• Tests circuit and equipment to evaluate such factors as insulation quality, which affect function of relays.
• Analyzes test data to determine performance characteristics of relays and effect of system modifications on relay performance.
• Prepares reports of work performed.
• Inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, repairs, installs, adjusts and calibrates, as assigned, protective relays, station analyzing, indicating and recording instruments.
• Assists in regular and special station tests by setting up necessary instrumentation, taking readings and compiling data.
• Work will require flexible hours, weekends and holidays along with the availability to work out of town as needed
• Complete work as per company policy and regulatory laws; Works with Lockout/Tagout process (LOTO), submits LOTO requests and accepts LOTO orders for work on instrumentation and control equipment and systems.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Strong knowledge and experience testing and maintaining electrical equipment in medium to high voltage substation;
Protective Relays and Controls experience required; SCADA/RTU experience a plus.
• Minimum of 5+ years of professional electrical experience low, medium to high voltage substations testing electro-mechanical, solid state and microprocessor based relays.
• Knowledge of various industry standards such as: NETA, NEC, OSHA and NFPA.
• Must be safety, customer, and team focused.
• Good aptitude for problem solving; Good communication and time management skills.
• Safety – Put safety above everything else, stay safe in all we do.
• Integrity – Be Honest.
• Reliability– Be trustworthy and consistent for our internal team as well as our customers.
• Experience – Be the industry experts and continue to grow and develop our skills.
Education: NETA Certification, Trade School/Apprenticeship; Minimum of 5 years professional electrical experience testing
and maintaining electrical equipment and/or a combination of experience and education.
Location: New York
Industries: Industrial / Electrical/ Utilities
Physical Demands: Lifting a minimum of 50lbs daily, crawling, climbing, standing for long periods of time and working in non-ideal conditions.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.