RESA Power is the market leader in life extension solutions for power transmission and distribution equipment. RESA is comprised of business units specializing in the operations, engineering and safety applications for the power transmission, distribution and circuit protection markets. With immediate access to new or obsolete and hard-to-find or refurbished inventory, fast turnaround, emergency response, engineering services and NETA certified testing and maintenance; RESA supports customers in industrial markets, municipalities, higher education, data centers, utilities and contractors across the country. With locations throughout the United States, RESA Power Solutions is implementing an aggressive growth strategy by expanding its geographic footprint, product and service offerings and overall organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
- Develops an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
- Proactively manage Buyers, who function similar to salespeople, which proactively bid opportunistic inventory.
- Researches contracts, suppliers, equipment, including evaluation of new products for the purpose of analyzing information to determine product and/or service need and availability as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or appropriate referrals.
- High School diploma or GED equivalence
- Minimum of five years of progressive purchasing & sourcing with extensive experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a mid to large size organization.
- Demonstrated record of meeting substantial material cost reduction targets
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or some years of college – preferred or equivalent experience
- Travel: 10%
- Industries: Light Manufacturing / Distribution / Warehouse and Logistics
- Relocation: No relocation provided
- Physical Demands: The employee in this position will be required to regularly sit at a desk, occasionally move about the facility, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, occasionally reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.