Under general guidance of the production supervisor, our e-commerce business needs a Shipping Clerk to join our staff. We are a fast paced, time sensitive operation fulfilling 75 orders per day. Consequently, we need a highly organized and efficient shipping clerk to take over the shipping component of our operation. The successful candidate will handle all shipping and delivery prep functions. When necessary, he or she will also cross-train and participate in other aspects of the business, particularly on the warehouse side.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or record keeping purposes.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials, gather all documents in the beginning and end of days.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare equipment for shipping, using hand tools, and power tools. (i.e. packages, pallets and crates for LTL shipments).
- Contact carrier representatives to make pickup arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Requisition and store shipping material and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Contact sales reps by using email or phone to resolve issues and get more detail related to the shipment of orders.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Ability to recognize problems and to obtain and provide information.
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work with limited supervision.
- Experience working with standard hand and power tools, both pneumatic and battery operated.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated External Customer Focus.
- Basic computer skills to include both MS Word & Excel.
- Forklift Certified
- Flexibility and work overtime as needed.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 – 50 lbs., occasionally lift 51 – 80 lbs., and occasionally push up to 200 lbs. with the aid of material handling equipment.
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has 18 locations throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems. With a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade!
Experience: 2-3 Years Shipping and Receiving
Education: High School Diploma
Location: San Jose, CA
Industries: Light Manufacturing / Distribution / Warehouse and Logistics
Relocation: No relocation provided
Physical Demands: The employee will regularly stand and walk; Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach with hands and arms.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.