RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
The Switchgear Engineer is responsible for leveraging solutions and resources to solve common engineering challenges. The successful candidate will be able to perform a vast array of electrical engineering work in reverse engineering, drawing creation, development of electric components, equipment, systems while interfacing cross lines of business.
- Perform design work for projects utilizing a professional knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Direct activities to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing designed around the functional specification’s customer requirements.
- Review contractual content to ensure technical and regulatory compliance.
- Provide leadership in preparation and ensure that projects are controlled with regards to scope, schedule, budget, performing appraisal, etc.
- Assist sales group in defining engineering parameters for quotes.
- Utilize reliability modeling and analytical tools, failure tracking, root cause failure analysis, and life-cycle cost analysis to improve reliability of electrical equipment and systems.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Preferred BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- A BSEE or equivalent experience with a minimum of 3 years working in a power or controls related field. Understanding of basic electrical and control system principles and a familiarity with reading electrical schematics, three-line diagrams and control / communication diagrams.
- Demonstrated record of meeting substantial material cost reduction targets
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement and recommendations towards improvements.
- Location:Plant City, FL
- Industries:HV/MV/LV Electrical equipment, engineering and field services
- Physical Demands:Lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. daily, crawling, climbing, standing for long periods of time and working in non-ideal conditions.
- Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
- Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
- Progress: Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
- Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.