Who we are!
RESA Power is a dynamic, people first organization that prides itself on being the employer of choice in its industry! RESA is fortunate to have an extraordinarily talented group of people who take pride in everything they do! RESA Power has 16 locations throughout the United States & Canada. We are a trusted service provider committed to ensuring the safety, performance and compliance of electrical distribution systems, with a track record of long-term partnerships and excellence in customer experience for nearly a decade!
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
This position requires a qualified, service-oriented individual to perform operation, maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of Transformers and associated equipment. A qualified individual must be able to test, inspect, troubleshoot, operate transformer service equipment and repair high voltage equipment. They must be able to manage small to large size projects with good supervisory and organizational skills. They must be self-directed and very committed to customer satisfaction. Excellent communication skills with clients, peers and management are essential.
- Primary responsibility will be to perform trouble shooting, electrical / fluid testing, repairs and fluid services of transformers, rectifiers, regulators and high voltage components.
- Communicate with clients, peers and management for effective problem resolution and transfer of pertinent information.
- Maintain strong client relationships, prepare project estimates, expand project work scopes and assist in negotiating extra charges.
- Ability to walk through customers’ sites, inspect problem(s) and report problem(s) to Sales and Project Management.
- All work and decisions shall be conducted in strict compliance of all regulatory laws.
- 2-5 years same of similar work experience.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as NETA, OSHA, IEEE and NFPA.
- Strong background and experience in most types of high voltage equipment through the
- 230 kV class.
- Complete projects consistently on budget and at a reasonable contribution.
- Ability to complete on-site job reports.
- Valid driver’s license with a Class A CDL is preferred.
Education and Location
- High School diploma or GED equivalence
- Location:Bakersfield | Sacramento, CA
Working Environment: – Employee will be exposed to:
- Extensive travel
- Emergency call back procedures twenty-four hours a day. Required to work rotating shifts, which includes evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Variable outdoor environmental temperatures including…
- steady rainfall, fog, snow, and freezing conditions
- extreme heat and/or humid conditions
- Energized electrical work on equipment or systems operating at greater than 600 volts; extremely hazardous environments with risk of electrocution
- Special safety precautions and/or equipment
- Lifting and/or guiding heavy sections of materials
- Some confined spaces and some cramped conditions
- Chemicals used in the process
- Diesel fumes
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work and/or drive periodic workdays in excess of 12 hours.
- Must understand special hazards associated with high voltage equipment.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for various periods of time.
- Must have excellent balance and able to maintain body equilibrium that exceeds what is normal for ordinary locomotion.
- Must have good eye/hand coordination.
- Ability to move hands and manipulate objects easily and skillfully.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs in operating unit.
- Must be able to climb up and down on ladders at varying heights with fall restraint.
- Must be able to enter and move about in confined spaces and wear personnel protective equipment.
- Ability to sit, bend, stretch, twist, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- May be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 100 pounds.
- Adequate olfactory and auditory abilities.
- Vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Must display ability to read and understand job descriptions, safety/technical manuals and safety/warning signs.
- Will be required to pass physical, drug, and alcohol testing.
- Safety – Put safety above everything else, stay safe in all we do.
- Integrity – Be Honest.
- Reliability– Be trustworthy and consistent for our internal team as well as our customers.
- Experience – Be the industry experts and continue to grow and develop our skills.
- Sense of Purpose & Fun – Work with a sense of purpose and mission, but let’s not forget to have some fun along the way!
- Transparency – Foster relationships and support a workplace that creates openness at all levels in the organization.
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.