Transformer Technician – This position requires a qualified, service-oriented individual to perform operation, maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of Transformers and associated equipment. A qualified individual must be able to test, inspect, troubleshoot, operate transformer service equipment and repair high voltage equipment. They must be able to manage small to large size projects with good supervisory and organizational skills. They must be self-directed and very committed to customer satisfaction. Excellent communication skills with clients, peers and management are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility will be to perform trouble shooting, electrical / fluid testing, repairs and fluid services of transformers, rectifiers, regulators and high voltage components.
- Communicate with clients, peers and management for effective problem resolution and transfer of pertinent information.
- Maintain strong client relationships, prepare project estimates, expand project work scopes and assist in negotiating extra charges.
- Ability to walk through customers’ sites, inspect problem(s) and report problem(s) to Sales and Project Management.
- All work and decisions shall be conducted in strict compliance of all regulatory laws.
RESA Power is the industry leader in electrical life extension products and services with many locations across the United States and Canada. We are experts in servicing major power distribution and control markets and have one of the largest inventories of obsolete and hard-to-find components in the industry.
Service is our product
Teamwork: Working towards common goals with our internal, external and local teams
Reliability: Group of trusted professionals serving our internal and external customers
Progress: Always building upon yesterday to build a stronger today
Sustainability: Commitment to bringing benefits to our team, business and society
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Five years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as NETA, OSHA, IEEE and NFPA.
- Strong background and experience in most types of high voltage equipment through the 230 kV class.
- Good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems and good aptitude for problem evaluations.
- Complete projects consistently on budget and at a reasonable contribution.
- Ability to complete on-site job reports.
- Communicate effectively in writing and/or verbally with clients and peers.
- Good judgment, dependable, and responsible for managing projects of any size which requires good supervisory and organizational skills.
- Entry level computer skills.
- Work will require flexible hours, weekends, holidays and nights. Must be available for out-of-town work.
- Valid driver’s license with a Class A CDL is preferred.
Working Environment: – Employee will be exposed to:
- Extensive travel
- Emergency call back procedures twenty-four hours a day. Required to work rotating shifts, which includes evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Variable outdoor environmental temperatures including…
- steady rainfall, fog, snow, and freezing conditions
- extreme heat and/or humid conditions
- Energized electrical work on equipment or systems operating at greater than 600 volts; extremely hazardous environments with risk of electrocution
- Special safety precautions and/or equipment
- Lifting and/or guiding heavy sections of materials
- Some confined spaces and some cramped conditions
- Chemicals used in the process
- Diesel fumes
Physical Requirements – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work and/or drive periodic workdays in excess of 12 hours.
- Must understand special hazards associated with high voltage equipment.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for various periods of time.
- Must have excellent balance and able to maintain body equilibrium that exceeds what is normal for ordinary locomotion.
- Must have good eye/hand coordination.
- Ability to move hands and manipulate objects easily and skillfully.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs in operating unit.
- Must be able to climb up and down on ladders at varying heights with fall restraint.
- Must be able to enter and move about in confined spaces and wear personnel protective equipment.
- Ability to sit, bend, stretch, twist, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- May be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 100 pounds.
- Adequate olfactory and auditory abilities.
- Vision abilities include close, distance, color, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Must display ability to read and understand job descriptions, safety/technical manuals and safety/warning signs. Must display sufficient oral communication skills to be able to give and receive oral safety warnings, instructions, and task assignments.
- Will be required to pass physical, drug, and alcohol testing.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESA Power is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.