USED TRANSFORMER REMANUFACTURING
RESA Power Service’s remanufactured transformers provide the same performance as new transformers at a much lower cost.
Our transformer re-manufacturing service offers a new lease on life for used transformers, enabling them to be completely rebuilt and returned to as-new condition or even upgraded to a higher specification. A re-manufactured transformer provides the same performance as a new transformer at a much lower cost, but the main advantage is RESA Power Service’s fast turnaround times that can have a re-manufactured transformer shipped in around one-third of the normal delivery time of a new unit
Our Remanufacturing program Includes:
- As found testing (TTR, insulation resistance, winding resistance )
- Internal inspection
- Top cover removal
- Insulating fluid removal
- Bushing removal and cleaning
- Gasket replacement
- Threaded fitting removal, cleaning, and reinstallation
- Connection testing
- Filling with original processed fluid unless otherwise noted by the customer
- Top cover reinstallation.
- 5 psi pressure testing
- Paint prepping – including sanding, minor fabrication work, and rust removal.
- Painting with a urethane two-part top coat.
Electrical Tests Per NETA Standards:
- Insulation Resistance (Polarization Index)
- Winding Resistance
- Turn-to-Turn Ratio
- Power Factor Insulation Test
- Excitation Test
- Bushing Hot Collar (If applicable)
- Bushing Capacitance Test (If applicable)
- Auxiliary Checks (If applicable)
RESA Power Service also offers the following services:
- Removal of core and coils for water/rust situations or other repairs.
- Sandblasting and painting
- Fabrication and replacement of severely depleted metals
- New fluid retro fill (mineral oil, Cooper FR3, and silicone )
- Leak detection and repair
- Radiator assessment and repair
- Bushing and gasket repair
- Internal inspection and repair
- Transformer oil dehydration and degasification
RESA has an enormous amount of stock and can help you find what you’re looking for. Contact your nearest Systems Center for help.
GENERAL PURPOSE DRY TYPE
DO YOU NEED HELP?
With distribution and manufacturing centers located across the United States, RESA provides service and support to clients in every major metropolitan area.